Triple A Marbella-San Pedro
Also known as “Amigos” of Abandoned Animals
To protect and take care of homeless and unfortunate animals who have been abandoned by their owners. We try to re-home them and give them a second opportunity to a better life. As there are not enough permanent homes in Spain, we have agreements with Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Finland and Sweden as some other countries who adopt the majority of our dogs.
We also work for a better future for these animals by financing informative campaigns on spaying and neutering, raising public awareness as to proper care and treatment of these animals and carrying out workshops to educate both adults and school children. Triple A cooperates with the city of Marbella to shelter the animals that its municipal services collect from city streets as well as those that are abandoned.
We actively support other animal protection groups, such as:
Europaischer Tier-und Naturschults e.V, Germany
And we are part of the new TIDUS federation, Malaga.
And if possible other animal rescue centres arround Marbella.
We look after over 500 abandoned animals from the municipality of Marbella & San Pedro. We received an annual subsidy from the town hall but the shelter costs us in excess of 50,000 per month to stay open and functioning.
We manage to keep going with the help of our wonderful team of volunteers, team of staff and veterinary team but as you can imagine with this many animals needing care it’s a daily struggle that’s why public help is so important to us.
- To reduce the amount of pets being abandoned by introducing a Sterilisation Campaign together with the Town Hall.
- To get more pets adopted into loving homes.
- To make TripleA into a model facility with high standards of Animal Welfare serving the municipality.
- To receive sufficient regular funds in order to maintain the shelter so that at all times animals receive the care they deserve.
- To improve our facilities so that all of our animals receive high standards of medical treatment, transitional therapy and behavioural support with the appropriate staff, equipment and environment.
How Can You Help Us
- Become a member and find new members
- Make donations
- Tell your relatives and friends about our work
- Attend our charity events
- Become a volunteer and by helping to walk our dogs
- Remember us in your will